IT’S ELECTION DAY
MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD! MAKE YOUR VOTE COUNT.
“My grandmother (Angela V. Morales) always encouraged everyone of us to vote. She got to know many politicians personally and assisted them with their campaigns. Angela’s dream and dying wish was to see more young people in our community become leaders and have their voices heard. So TODAY, on this Election Day, I encourage you to go out and vote. It is your right and it does make a difference.” – Christina Morales
If you need guidance before casting your ballot, the Houston League of Women Voters guide provides non-partisan information. Get your guide here» League of Women Voters Guide
WHERE TO VOTE BY COUNTY:
SAMPLE BALLOTS BY COUNTY:
Metro is offering free rides to the polls on all its light rail trains and local buses as well as the METROLift buses.
Polls are open from 7 a.m. until 7 p.m. on Election Day.
All voters must present one of the following forms of photo identification at the polling place in order to verify their identity:
- Texas driver license issued by the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS)
- Texas Election Identification Certificate issued by DPS
- Texas personal identification card issued by DPS
- Texas license to carry a handgun issued by DPS
- United States military identification card containing the person’s photograph
- United States citizenship certificate containing the person’s photograph
- United States passport
If you don’t have any of the aforementioned forms of identification, you can apply for an Election Identification Certificate to present at your polling place.