When a loved one passes away, planning a funeral or memorial service can feel overwhelming. The details to arrange, the costs to absorb, the emotions involved – many Houston families wrongly assume that a funeral adds stress to an already difficult situation. But here at Morales Funeral Home, we’ve been serving families for nearly 90 years, and we have seen the truth: Planning a funeral can help a family heal like nothing else can. And since we offer so many options and are so transparent about our costs – even providing some funeral and cremation package prices right on our website – many of our neighbors are surprised to find that a meaningful service is within their family’s reach . . . whatever their budget might be.
Our experienced team knows how to help you pay tribute to your loved one in a way that is unique, meaningful, and within your budget. And you only pay for the services that you want and need. Some people want to plan an elaborate service with a visitation, reception, and followed by a traditional burial with a graveside service. Others choose cremation with a private family viewing and small, intimate memorial. There is no right or wrong way to memorialize your loved one – what’s important is that the moment is infused with meaning and offers healing to your family and friends.
Here are a few ideas for personalizing a funeral, visitation, or memorial that cost very little – or nothing at all! They all add a personal touch, whether you choose burial or cremation.
- Select songs, prayers, or readings that reflect your loved one’s beliefs and passions.
- Distribute a keepsake gift, such as a favorite candy, or seed packets for the gardening or outdoor enthusiast.
- Consider our tribute videos,memorial bookmarks, service programs, prayer cards, and folders that can include a favorite photo, poem, or prose.
- Many of our families we serve with make use of our beautiful candle wall, lighting a candle and saying a prayer in memory of their loved one.
- Other families can’t say enough about the video tributes we create, blending family photographs, graphic images, and music. We can even make copies as gifts for family and friends.
- Our memorial websites are another customizable tool, and unlike obituaries that appear in local newspapers, our websites are free. Post an obituary, details about the service, and share memories, photos, and videos – all available online anytime to anyone. They’re also easily shared on social media, so you can quickly and efficiently let others know about service details.
- Display treasured photos and possessions on a memory table. We’ve helped families set up favorite board games, beloved collections, and family heirlooms. These personal items are conversation pieces, helping loved one begin down the road to healing.
- If you are celebrating the life of a U.S. Armed Forces veteran, the Morales Funeral Home staff has years of experience planning military services. If your loved one qualifies, there are many military honors we can incorporate into the service.
And when it comes to all the details, you can count on our professional, compassionate team to walk you through every decision – making the most difficult moment of your life a little bit easier.
Don’t ever let financial concerns hold you back from contacting us. Our hope is that you plan a meaningful service, because we know how it can help you, but we also offer direct cremation for as low as $1,295. We believe every family in Houston should be able to afford a dignified farewell for their loved one.
No matter your selections, we offer every family who walks through our doors the same excellent service and professional care you only find at a family-owned funeral home. Walking alongside families during difficult times is so much more than a job to us; we consider it our calling and are here to help you – always.